CANADA – The worst country on the planet for
2017 National Zero Waste Council Statistics
- 63% of the food Canadians throw away could have been eaten.
- The average Canadian household wastes 140 kilograms of food per year
- The average Canadian household wastes over $1,100.00 of food per year. Some statistics say over $1,700.00 of wasted food per household per year.
- 2.2 million tonnes of edible food is wasted each year in Canada, costing Canadians over $17 billion! This 2.2 million tonnes of household food waste is equivalent to 9.8 million tonnes of CO2 (or 2.1 million cars to put it in perspective)!
- In Canada, the most prominently wasted foods by weight are:
- Vegetables: 30%
- Fruit: 15%
Arkopia's Solution to Food Waste
Freeze Dried food has the same nutrition as fresh food, or in Canada, Freeze Dried food is actually better than most of the “fresh” food at the grocery store.
Not to be confused with “dehydrated food”, which can destroy over half of the nutrition in the food, Freeze Drying retains 98% of the nutrients, benefits, antioxidants, electrolytes, vitamins, minerals, taste, colour, aroma, as Fresh!
Packaged properly, Freeze Dried Food stays fresh almost indefinitley. Arkopia is a ZERO FOOD WASTE company.